Friday, November 6, 2015

Dragon Con 2015 - Part 4 - Twisted Disney

Also on Sunday.






Not New:
- Dress I got as part of modeling for Goth Fae a few year back.
- Net hose (same I wore for Cyclops).
- Slipper shoes from a local clothing swap - like new, so guessing they didn't wear them much or 
  wasn't right size; cute and comfy.
- Jacket - Goodwill find. Cut the sleeves off but saving them for Sun Lee. The jacket is open in the back, laced up with a strip of faux leather through large grommets. This was perfect for putting my wings through
- Wings are from a set of wings I wore for Halloween some years ago, as the Economic Wishful Thinking Fairy. Originally three lobes for a butterfly look, I took out one set of lobes, re-using the straps and part of the joining structure. Had to add more felt to re-build the structure from stash.

Mixed:
- my hair ornament was an old fake weathered butterfly from a floral arrangement I'd made for my mother-in-law years ago (yes, she got a new arrangement this summer), plus jeweled chain I got at Wolfie's (place that sells new stuff but I think a lot of it is past trendiness or something), some new skull beads I put on with wire, and a couple of "leaves" I cut out of scrap from "Shiny". Attached to new alligator clip. Color in photo isn't good -- butterfly is actually blue and silver.

- Weapons and leg sheath. The icicles are used, from eBay. The straps are from L's old ninja uniform. The sheath is from one of my kitchen knives. The two new things are the light -- a little led switched light I stuck in the bottom of the sheath -- and a glue dot that I used to keep the icicles in place.

New:
- Bought the gloves, used them for this costume and also Snow Queen.
- Temporary black hair spray. I totally regret this purchase, should have just gone with my hair unaltered. That stuff got on everything, I had a wicked time cleaning up my skin before getting dressed, and it _NEVER DRIED_.

Even though I enjoy the fancy costumes, it was nice to have one that wasn't too much work (hair color spray aside).


No comments:

Post a Comment