Friday, November 6, 2015

Dragon Con 2015 - Part 1 - Cyclops

Almost forgot to do this - been busy this autumn, between the house, barn, traveling to CA to help and visit with my mother, and more.

This year we just chilled on Thursday. I was behind on my Snow Queen, so I did a bit of work on that, and set up all the costume accessories for each costume so I could find them each day.

Friday was the Marvel Gender Bender Shoot:


Rockabilly X-Men:


Me and my sweetie:


Close-up of my spiffy shoes:

And one of the full outfit:

I ended up buying a dress, but not for too much. Also bought the shoes (on sale), and gloves. Fishnet stockings I already owned.

The shoes have buckles across the toes that unbuckle, so I made the rosettes with elastics on the back and slid them on and buckled them.

Made the belt and "buckle". The belt's actual closure is hooks and eyes. The "buckle" again has elastics on the back so I could slide it onto the belt and position it over the closure. Close-ups of the rosettes and brooch are in an earlier post.

The glasses I chose for the style and firey lenses. I put paper and painters tape over both sides of the lenses and painted yellow.

The wig is one I bought in the 80s. I set it in curls earlier in the year, tweaking it now and then, and then sprayed and pinned the heck out of it in August. Being an old wig it was kind of set in its ways, so I did have to adjust my original style to one the wig wouldn't fight so much. I couldn't get a completely smooth finish -- the hairs are kind of wirey -- but overall, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

I included a purse as well -- can't really tell in the picture, but it's red and black. It's a circle if you open it all the way, and would look like the X-Men symbol. The inside is blue -- I made it reversible so that I could also use it with my Twisted Disney Silvermist costume. I wanted to have a fan with my costumes this year, and that's where I kept it when I was posing in those costumes.  Some folks really liked the idea of a fan -- I just painted one black to go with both costumes -- might see a few more fans at D*C next year :D

I like this outfit more than I thought I would, and it was nice that I could wear it for more than one shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment