Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Warhammer 40K - Rogue Trader

Seriously considering doing a Rogue Trader, likely based on Lady Sun Lee. I guess I need to look at more pictures of Rogue Traders, armor, etc., since the picture I have of her only shows the front and that not down to the feet.

Found these at Goodwill today, for $2:






These are little kid shin guards. Actually, they're pretty short, even on my forearms, but I can always add extension materials.  They aren't the same shape as the ones in the picture but I like that they're padded, so I'll make a cover for them.  Not craft foam if I can help it, since I don't have any, but we'll see, when the time comes.

I was hoping for more used sports equipment (like shoulders and elbows), but no luck this time.  Considered a pair of ski boots for $7 because they were nice and bulky and armor-like, but couldn't stand how rigid the soles are.

Inspiration piece for Lady Sun Lee:



Oh, and for no reason at all, got this too:



Faux leather but has a nice hand for all that, and only $5. I'm sure it'll come in handy for something.

No comments:

Post a Comment