Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Death Bunny

Inspiration piece:

http://www.skullspiration.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Skull-salt-and-pepper-shakers-3.jpg

This is for playboy bunny contest/party at D*C.  I have fuzzy pink bunny years I bought years ago, a black corset, and a black tulle skirt already.  I'm going to see about re-doing the skirt, as I think it's a little too long, plus I want to use an elasticized waist instead of the tying system it has currently.

A friend shared a site earlier this year that had some skull-y things, including a scarf I liked that you got for free if you ordered X amount of stuff.  Well, I liked some tall stockings/hose that were black with pink crossed bones on them so.... then I learned about the contest/party, looked at the hose, remembered the ears I have and the salt-and-pepper shakers, and voila!

These shakers have the bunnies wearing ties -- I'll have to think about whether I want to do this type of tie or not. I was thinking I'd like to make a standing collar with a mantle, so a tie could be worked into it without too much difficulty...maybe.  We'll see what happens :D

I'll also need to make a mask -- domino/half mask type.

Hm, do I need a wig? Probably not. Maybe just put my hair up in a bun...

My costume will be more black than pink, but I think it will be cute, and definitely fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment