Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Shoes for Cyclops and...

These are the shoes I got for the Rockabilly X-Men Cyclops costume.

http://www.heels.com/womens-shoes/lucca-yellow.html

I don't expect to do much more on this costume for a while, but I saw the shoes when they were on sale, and when opportunity knocks....

The sunglasses should be coming sometime in the next few weeks.  I'll be keeping everything together with the dress that I'll be re-tailoring, so I can find it all next year.  Still haven't picked the spot in the house for doing this -- right now everything's in the living room but that won't do over the holidays.

***

Separately, I have some cool gold pintucked fabric that I bought ages ago, and I've been contemplating what to do with it. Since we moved to our new house, I've been working away at using existing materials, to reduce the amount of fabric in storage (in theory), decorate and insulate the house, and have more new clothing to wear.  Well, and now more costumes, apparently.  I did have to buy some fabric this year, especially for Shiny, but am going to try to do less of that this coming year.

I'm contemplating doing a phoenix costume, inspired by the mythical creature, not the Marvel comics character.  The colors we're most used to in the West are red and gold, but there are other options...I'm thinking this gold fabric would make a splendid gold coat though. Fitted in the body, with a nice big flared skirt.

And I'm thinking of making a hat to go with it. And a standing collar.  Just putting these bits down for future reference, since I don't have time to do anything about it right now.

***

I'll also be working on the Snow/Winter Queen over the next year.  I'll see if I can put up some photos of what I have so far; not sure when that will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment