Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Agent May's Boots and Cyclops' Shoes

Found boots for Agent May, at JC Penney:






I missed the really good sale ($69.99) but still got them for $99.99 -- regular price is $115.  They look like boots Agent May would wear (she has at least two pair in Season 1, one low, one knee-high).

I don't like single-use items much, and I wanted boots with leather uppers. My feet are hard to fit, so I need shoes that I can break in -- that means real leather. I'll be able to wear these boots for every day, not just for a few hours. They were a little tight at first, but after walking around in them for about 10 minutes, maybe less, they warmed up and started the re-shaping process to fit me better.


That's actually a wee problem with the yellow shoes I got for the Cyclops -- faux leather, and just a tiny bit of pinch. But they have a functional buckle across the bridge, so I'm considering modifying them -- open the solid part, add in fabric, and then the buckle will have a real function.  Also, I'm going to try to make buckle covers for the real buckle, that will make them look like the X-Men buckle; just a nice little extra detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment